- 1935 m (6350ft)
- Naming History
- Peaks and Rivers
Named for: The pass lies to the west of Mount Edith. Edith Orde visited the pass in 1886. She was accompanying Lady Macdonald, the wife of the prime minister on his trip across Canada on the recently completed Canadian Pacific Railway.
Mountain (SE): Mount Norquay
Headwaters (NE): Forty Mile Creek
Headwaters (SW): Bow River
Mount Edith, Mount Louis, and Mount Fifi were all named one day in 1886 when Canada's first Prime Minister, Sir John A. MacDonald, and his wife were making a cross country trip on the recently completed Canadian Pacific Railway. Louis Stewart, the park superintendent's son, took Lady MacDonald's "attendant", Edith Orde, and her dog Fifi hiking to what was to become Edith Pass. The pass provides views of the three peaks and the pass and all were named for the two hikers and the dog.